Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married
“Most people spend far more time in preparation for their vocation than they do in preparation for marriage.”
With more than 35 years of experience counseling couples, Gary has found that most marriages suffer due to a lack of preparation and a failure to learn to work together as intimate teammates.
So he put together this practical little book, packed with wisdom and tips that will help many develop the loving, supportive, and mutually beneficial marriage they envision, such as:
- What the adequate foundation for a successful marriage truly is
- What to expect about the roles and influence of extended family
- How to solve disagreements without arguing
- How to talk through issues like money, sex, chores, and more
- Why couples must learn how to apologize and forgive
- Ideal for newly married couples and those considering marriage, the material lends itself to heart-felt, revealing, and critical conversations for relational success
Read this bookand you’ll be prepared for—not surprised by—the challenges of marriage.