The Busy Bees₵5.00
Bookset: African Folktale Series (10 books)
Age Range: 7 – 12 years
In these beautifully illustrated, collectable library of easy-to-read traditional folktales with their moral lessons, test questions, and activities for the young ones, classic African stories are brought magically to reality. The stories in the African Folktale Series (AFS) are filled with moral lessons that have been handed down from many generations to the present in many African countries from Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroons, Liberia, the Gambia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania to Zimbabwe. The traditional African elders who inhabited an ancient continent brimming with wisdom successfully utilized these folktales to socialize their youngsters to the moral requirements of their society to insure order, security and growth.
The titles in this set are:
- The Evil King Who Destroyed Himself (A Nigerian Folktale)
- Ananse And Friends at the Village of Plenty and Another Tale from Africa
- The Boy Who Cut Off the Elephant’s Tail (A Ghanaian Folktale)
- Ananse Finally Meets His Match and Another Tale from Africa
- God’s Challenge to Wise People (A Ghanaian Folktale)
- Ananse Challenges the Powerful King (A Ghanaian Folktale)
- Animals in the Midst of Famine (A Nigerian Folktale)
- The Price of Jealousy – Version One (A Nigerian Folktale)
- The Fate of the Deceitful Tortoise
- The Princess Who Married the Evil Spirit
Kwame A Insaidoo was born in Ghana. He received his early education from Akwasiho Presbyterian Middle School, Fijai and Aggrey Memorial Zion Sec. Schools. Whilst at the University of Ghana, he was awarded an academic scholarship to attend Missouri State University, where he was elected President of Association of International Students. In 1979 he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Economics and attended graduate school at New York University where he received his Master’s Degree in 1988.
Kwame recently retired from his post as the Executive Director of a not-for-profit organisation in New York City, USA. Kwame’s love for writing has earned him over 30 published titles across all categories.