Customers Also Bought These
Oxford Dictionary of Current English
The Oxford Dictionary of Current English is the most comprehensive paperback dictionary of its kind, providing full and up-to-date coverage of English as it is used today around the world.
The Dictionary offers over 120,000 words, phrases, and definitions, and uses a straightforward writing style that avoids technical language, ensuring that definitions are even clearer than before. This edition includes over two hundred new definitions, words from technology, current events, or popular culture that have only recently become part of our mainstream language, such as “A-list,” “domain name,” and “WMD.” It uses thousands of examples to illustrate idiomatic usage, showing how words and phrases are used in everyday speech. In addition, all irregular noun, verb, and adjectival inflections are spelled out in full, while in-text notes provide guidance on grammar and good usage. All of these features are presented in new layout designed to be as clear as possible, making information easily accessible and the definition you are looking for a snap to find.
Compact and portable, with high quality binding and covers, the Oxford Dictionary of Current English is perfect for everyday reference, at home, at school, or in the office. No one should be without this incredibly useful volume, while students and authors will find it an indispensable tool.
· The most comprehensive paperback dictionary of its kind
· Over 120,000 words, phrases, and definitions
· Simple writing style makes definitions even clearer than before
· Full and up-to-date coverage of English as it is used today around the world
· Over 200 spelling notes give advice on commonly misspelled words, such as ‘accommodate’ and ‘receive’
· Additional usage notes offering advice on good English and commonly confused words
· Additional help with the pronunciation of difficult words
· Thousands of real examples of usage show how the language works in context
Only 1 left in stock