Every year, thousands of students rely on Frank Wood’s best-selling books to help them pass their accountancy exams.
Business Accounting 2 is a rigorous introduction to some of the more advanced concepts in financial accounting. Here you will find coverage of:
- Accounting for limited companies and groups
- Special accounts
- Financial analysis and accounting ratios
- Issues in international financial reporting
- Costing, budgeting and variance analysis
- Planning, control and decision-making
This new IFRS edition continues a tradition of meeting the changing needs of those studying financial accounting. Its accessible approach makes the book suitable for a wide variety of courses in accounting and business, both at secondary and tertiary level and for those studying for professional qualifications. The book also covers introductory aspects of management accounting, suitable for use at all levels up to and including professional foundation level courses and first-year degree courses.
- Easy-to-follow explanations of contemporary accounting practice
- Clear and logical progression through topics
- Activities designed to reinforce the understanding of key concepts
- Over 300 review questions, including past examination board questions
- A comprehensive Companion Website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/wood including further self-test questions and accounting standards updates
“The topics are addressed in the right order and the book is easy to navigate… The analysis both in company accounts and group accounts is one of its strengths and the examples, illustrations and activities are very helpful.” – Dr. Christos Grambovas, Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK
“The explanation of consolidation accounting is very clear, and it is enriched with a relevant number of examples and cases. In comparison with other similar publications, I consider Business Accounting 2 strongly competitive.” – Dr. Patrizia Tettamanzi, Università Bocconi, Italy