The New Combined Commentary: On the WAEC-Selected Texts for Core Literature (African Poetry, Ananse in the Land of Idiots, No Sweetness Here)
Only 2 left in stock
This New Combined Commentary is a well-prepared students’ companion for the study of WAEC’s prescribed texts for Core Literature. The contents are sharp, detailed, and full of important literary nuggets to benefit students.
- Creative summaries of the stories
- Lively character and plot analysis
- Character identification for each story
- How to identify literary devices
- Poetry understanding and appreciation
- Line-by-line commentary on the poems
- Meanings of difficult words and phrases
- Elements of short prose and drama
- Understanding the drama movements
- How to answer literary questions
- Over 270 Objective Questions & Answers
Lawrence Darmani is a Ghanaian novelist and publisher. His first novel, Grief Child, won the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize as best first book from Africa. He is editor of Step magazine, and CEO of Step Publishers. He also writes devotional articles for Our Daily Bread, which touches the lives of many Christians around the world.
He is married and lives in Accra with his family. Lawrence enjoys church life and volunteers at other Christian ministry activities. He says that he derives writing ideas "out of personal experiences, reading, testimonies, and observing the world around me."