The New Combined Commentary: On the WAEC-Selected Texts for Core Literature (African Poetry, Ananse in the Land of Idiots, No Sweetness Here)
This New Combined Commentary is a well-prepared students’ companion for the study of WAEC’s prescribed texts for Core Literature. The contents are sharp, detailed, and full of important literary nuggets to benefit students.
- Creative summaries of the stories
- Lively character and plot analysis
- Character identification for each story
- How to identify literary devices
- Poetry understanding and appreciation
- Line-by-line commentary on the poems
- Meanings of difficult words and phrases
- Elements of short prose and drama
- Understanding the drama movements
- How to answer literary questions
- Over 270 Objective Questions & Answers
This textbook is thoroughly researched and compiled by international English Language authors with extensive knowledge in the delivery of syllabus objectives, with emphasis on key areas of importance to teachers and students in the sub-region.
All aspects of the current WASSCE curriculum are covered in detail.
The approach is thematic, organised according to key topics and subjects, focusing on a logical pedagogical presentation thus ensuring that all the topics in the syllabus have been covered.
Teachers are encouraged to make use of this resource to confirm that their students are able to apply lessons learnt. This book is useful to students who wish to ensure that they have covered every aspect of the WASSCE English Language course.
It is recommended that students begin using this book from Senior High School 1 and continue to use it right up to the end of Senior High School 3 to ensure that they are well prepared for the examinations.
To help teachers and students, the year of study in the syllabus for each major topic is given in the contents pages.